Monday, December 28, 2009

Singularity U Wrap-up

I submitted my last blog post after days 6 and 7, but SU is a 9-day program. What happened during the last two days? Sorry, I'm not at liberty to discuss it. Executive director Salim Ismail asked me not to write about the last two days, and I agreed not to do so without consulting first with the participants. There's no great mystery behind his request - just that the program ended by exploring some controversial issues, and Ismail didn't want people to feel inhibited by the presence of a reporter in the room.

Since the Executive Program ended, I've been pitching magazines on a feature article about it. No takers so far - fingers crossed - but for the time being, I'm saving further thoughts for publication.

Suffice it to say that the SU Exec Program was an energizing week-plus full of fascinating information, bold ideas, and warm comaraderie. The people, especially, were great, from faculty to administration to the students themselves, who were, to a one, bright, ambitious, principled, and tremendous fun to hang out with. I hope to see them all again before too many centuries pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment